Assignments will include:
A total of two reaction papers to the assigned texts. (You will sign up for these at the start of the semester and will use them to lead class discussion.)
Submission of at least 6 original poems for workshop/critique.
A final Portfolio showing the original & a revised version of all 6 poems.
Florida State University
Poetry Technique CRW 3311-0003 & 0004
T/TH 12:30-1:45; 2:00-3:15
with Ӧsel Jessica Plante
Aspiring poets and critics! (both creative writing majors and non-majors) come study the elements of poetry, poetic forms, and practice writing and critiquing in a workshop format.
Registration ends December 8th
Course Reading List:
2) Night Sky with Exit Wounds, Author: Ocean Vuong
3) Native Guard, Author: Natasha Tretheway
4) Triggering Town, Author: Richard Hugo
5) To See the Queen, Author: Allison Seay
6) Citizen, Author: Claudia Rankine
Other handouts throughout the semester